OVERVIEW OF AMR (AUTOMATIC METER READING)
What is AMR?
- Traditionally water is metered by mechanical meters because power is not available. “Automatic Meter Reading” - AMR uses isoil magnetic flow meters, or “Smart” loggers connected to mechanical meters, which send flow trends and flow totals to the user’s computer without manual intervention.
- With AMR flow information is logged and sent by GPRS to a Scada system which provides a whole array of additional information such as flow trends, water loss reports, water balance reports and reservoir level monitoring.
What are the advantages of AMR?
- Mechanical flow meters suffer from wear and tear associated with mechanical systems and also of blockage by pebbles, sticks, or even plastic bags. Even if a mechanical meter is working well it causes a pressure drop.
Over time the mechanical meter will go slower from wear, damage or blockage - So you under-record flow! With battery powered mag meters you don’t give water away for free!
The accuracy of battery powered mag meters is +0.4%. The accuracy of the mechanical meters is typically +2.5%.
With AMR you eliminate the human factors of correctly recording the mechanical meter’s totalizer value, and then correctly capturing it on to your system at base.
AMR flow trends give you an understanding of your water usage patterns.
With AMR you get early leak detection.
With AMR you don’t have to drive (often in a 4x4) to the meter to get the meter reading you automatically get the meter totals and flow rate trends on your pc, laptop, tablet or smart phone.
Can Existing Mechanical Meters be incorporated into the AMR System?
Our “Smart” battery powered loggers connect to the pulse output of mechanical or electronic flow meters. They log the flow information and send it to the Scada system by GPRS. So our system seamlessly integrates existing meters into the Scada system.
No Drop Compliance
The N&Z AMR is the ideal tool to assist in achieving No Drop status including:
- Water balance diagram
- WDM Strategy and business plan
- Number of metered customers
- Percentage of metered connections billed.
No Drop Compliance normally requires input of multiple disciplines. N&Z can make a direct contribution or work through appointed Service Providers as part of a task team.
ISOIL BATTERY POWERED MAG METERS WITH GPRS TELEMETRY
Get More Information
FLOW SCADA - WATER MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE SYSTEM (WAMSS)
Get More Information