CLAMP-ON ULTRASONIC FLOW METER FOR LIQUIDS WITH BUBBLES, SOLIDS OR SLURRIES
Greyline’s clamp-on ultrasonic flow meters are ideal for measuring flow of liquids containing bubbles, suspended solids or slurries and other “difficult” liquids.
Greyline’s Doppler ultrasonic flow meters are ideal for difficult liquids in filled pipes. Applications include Raw Sewage, Aerated Water, Return & Waste Sludge, Slurries, Viscous Liquids, Pulp Stock, Abrasives.
The single Doppler sensor is strapped on to the outside of the pipe and does not come into contact with the fluid at all.
The Greyline DFM is suitable for pipes from 127mm to 4,500mm in diameter and flow velocities from 0.08 to 12.2m/sec. Accuracy is typically ± 2%. For best operation the liquid should have solids or bubbles with a minimum size of 100 microns and minimum solids concentration of 75ppm. The DFM has a 128MB data logger capable of capturing 26 million data points. Optional MODBUS RTU via RS485 is available for connection to automation systems.
The Greyline Doppler ultrasonic flow meter is available in a portable format (PDFM) and also a fixed format (DFM) for permanent applications.
Advantages of Clamp-on, Non-contact Flow Meters
- Do not come into contact with the liquid.
- Easy to install, commission and maintain.
- Installation requires no plant downtime.
- Ideal for both portable and fixed applications.
- Line size has little influence on price.
- With no obstruction to flow, no pressure drop and virtually no maintenance, the life-cycle cost of ownership is extremely low.
- Easy to retro-fit to existing pipes
|Greyline Ultrasonic Clamp-on flow meter for difficult flow applications|
Greyline Portable Ultrasonic Doppler Flow Meter
Greyline Fixed Doppler Flow Meter